Long Business Description
The first library in Milford was started in “Old Town” by the settlers. In the year 1923-1924, the Milford Federated Women’s Club established a town library as one of their projects. Club members went from house to house and solicited books to start the new library. Lumber for the bookcases was donated and the shelves were built by a manual training class. A few years later, a state law was passed allowing towns to levy a tax for libraries, and ever since the town of Milford has maintained an excellent library. The early library was located in the town hall. In 1965, a new building was built at 1020 10th Street. Today, the library is part of the Milford Community Building at 1009 9th St., a project that was completed in the Spring of 1999.